Every major town has a shopping center with a variety of restaurants, grocery stores, and specialty stores. The island has an abundance of small shops that sell items which are crafted by local artists. There are many roadside stands with exotic tropical fruits, organic produce, and flower leis. There are also a variety of clothing boutiques scattered throughout the island.
Kukui Grove Mall
Kauai's largest shopping center, Kukui Grove, is found in Lihue. You’ll pass it on your way to Poipu from the airport.
In Poipu, at the Spouting Horn Park, you will find an outdoor flea market where you can buy sell jewelry and all sorts of tourist items at good prices.
Around the Island
For Hawaiian gifts, the following stores have many interesting items:
- Hilo Hatties - This is a real tourist shop located in Lihue across from Kentucky Fried Chicken. You will find things like Aloha shirts and grass skirts.
- Garden By The Sea - this is a great store with a clollaboration of authentic Hawaiian gifts hand crafted by island locals. It is located in the Dragon building in Kapaa across from the ABC store.
- Kela's Art Glass - Also in Kapaa, you will find some fine art glass.
Hawaii Gifts Online
You can find Hawaii gifts online as well. Check out
- Hawaii Gifts - Natural Spa Products - From Malie Kauai. The only fragrance company to use natural hydrosols from flowers to develop their aromas.
- Hawaii Tropical Flowers - From Flowers Kauai. They deliver fresh tropical flower boquets right to your door.
- Kona Coffee - Java Kai offers fresh Hawaii coffee in many flavors.